How easily can you come out of your comfort zone and change?
ARE YOU AMONG THE 2% OR THE 98%
Throughout our work we have heard all the excuses plus more as to why callers choose not to sign up.
Do you know that only 2% of the world population really really wants to change. The other 98% just talk about change.
Change is scary, it is about making that leap into the unkown. It is about trusting yourself that you can do it.
Find out how change can be easy and quick. Sign up for one of our online self-help courses.
Below are the 6 most common reasons why people don’t change.
YOU DON’T WANT TO CHANGE!!
Other people may want you to change but you do not have the inner motivation to change your behaviour. This is a big one. Making a list of reasons why you should change and envisioning how your life will look like when you make the changes helps to set inner motivation.
YOU LACK THE COURAGE TO MAKE THE LEAP!!
Eleanor Roosevelt once said:
“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.”
It is not easy to come out of your comfort zone.
A normal part of the change process is being in an uncomfortable place and having the vision to see where you could be if only you changed. Stepping into the unknown is pretty scary. You need to access courage and bravery to leave your comfort zone and make the leap.. My motto in life is “feel the fear and do it anyway” A normal and healthy part of change is fear. Accept it and embrace it. When you do so, the fear lessens.
YOU DON’T FEEL ENOUGH PAIN
You have not yet had enough of your current situation. Denial is a very powerful emotion. You need to see the consequence of your inaction the future, and really get serious about improving something in your life.
YOUR ENVIRONMENT IS HOLDING YOU BACK
Change your environment so it matches and supports your current aspirations. Carve out time to spend with motivational and inspirational people. You may have to search for them, but hey do exist in all locations!
YOU HAVE GIVEN UP OF SEEING CHANGE
Einstein said “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”
Failure teaches you things that books/videos can never teach you. Failure is part of the human condition. If you are afraid of changing because you are afraid of failing then it is like you are living in a golden cage and you have thrown away the key. Failure teaches you about your own inner strengths. Hopelessness is a learned behaviour. Change your perspective to one of curiosity and openness. Then failure will be easier to handle.
Success means “doing.” Results come from Hashem.
YOU DON’T KNOW HOW TO PRACTICALLY MAKE THE CHANGES
Find out from other people who have been in a similar situation to yourself, how they have changed. If you don’t find the solution right away, just be patient with yourself (easier said than done.) Keep moving forward towards the things you want most in your life.
At focuswithfaigy.com we will guide you and support you in making your life changes.